Sunday, February 15, 2015



Great Story Idea

Overall I liked the idea of this story, immortal Viking, plagued with guilt over his past and a woman basically alone in the world fending for herself and her dreams. This is the first book by Anna Richland that I've read. While I believe this author did an astounding job with her research and use of the British language in this story, I had a difficult time following it.

The many POV's and constant movement from one chase scene into the next often left me confused about who was speaking and what was going on. The story never seemed to slow down long enough for me to get to really know the characters.

Stig was probably my favorite character in the book. He was a man running from his past and he had been doing so for 1500 years. He carried a lot of guilt over things that were really out of his control and he made a lifetime of being a swindler and thief. And yet, deep down he had the potential to be a very caring and loving man, a good man, an honest man. He kept telling the heroine, Christina, that he wasn't a good man but I wanted him to see that he was. I cared about this character and I wanted him to become more than he was in the beginning of the story. He grew and developed but I think it could have been more than the author let him be.

Christina, however, I just could not like. No matter how much I tried. I could only see her as childish and selfish when she was with Stig and whiney she was away from him. I saw no development in this character and I didn't like her at the end any better than I did at the beginning.

The sexual chemistry between the two MC's was good and the sex scenes were believable. But even then I liked Stig's character so much more than Christina.

Having not read the first book in this series, it could be I'm missing something about the characters. And as I said at the beginning, I believe the author is very talented. I'm giving this 4 stars because of that very reason. It was too well written to warrant a 3 but I still wished the pace had been a little slower.


 I received a copy of the title from the author for purpose of honest review. I was not compensated for this review: all conclusions are my own responsibility.

Buy Links


No comments:

Post a Comment